Here are 5 major things that honesty and integrity in the workplacecan translate to in your workplace.
1. People will respect one another – When management and co-workers stay true to themselves, others around them will pick up on this when important decisions need to be made. Trust begets respect which creates likability within teams and departments.
2. People will always do the right thing – It’s tempting at work to take shortcuts when they surface as an opportunity to take advantage of a situation, or even another co-worker, or even a boss. It’s best to stay the course and on a path of integrity.
3. People will manage problems better – It’s much better to come forth when you don’t know something, need assistance, and ask for help. There’s no shame in not knowing something and learning from another how to do it right. Shame only comes when you learn it, and then don’t apply it the next time that very same problem comes around. Or you simply forgot and now have to ask a second time for help with the same issue. This obviously looks bad. Embrace problems at work and take them head on, highlighting them for what they are, and how you can solve them as quickly and efficiently as possible.
4. People won’t cave under pressure – One of the great measures of likability is staying true to who you are, especially when under pressure. It’s about moving forward with confidence even when the going gets tough. Taking control of the situation even when things have started boiling over are times when people’s true colors show best. Being the best version of yourself when times are toughest is a great way to lead by example.
5. Managing stress better – The biggest of all, which ties in closely to #4, is managing the day to day stress. There are probably at least a few elements of your job that stress you out because they are challenging in some way, and you have yet to crack the code on how to handle them perfectly. With certain things, it just comes with the territory right? It’s best to express to others how you really feel when an issue arises and why it’s concerning you and see to it that it is fixed ASAP. Maintaining a certain level of tranquility is key in managing work-related stress.
For additional HR services, Click Here